I personally love roses. They are nice flowers, smell good and have very strong benefits to us. Rose water (also known as rosewater) has some magical benefits to us and through this post, I want to share 10 of these with you. I also provide a video as to how you can make your own rose water.
Before I start with rosewater, let me say that a rose can tell a lot about a person.
When someone gives you a bunch of roses, that person is sending you a message.
Red roses mean love, while yellow means friendship. The orange is desire and pink roses mean gratitude. Understand that white roses mean purity while lavender is more for enchantment.
When you combine roses, you come up with different messages. For instance, mixing red and white roses means unity. Pink and white means love forever. Orange and yellow send a strong message of passionate thoughts.
Red and yellow simply say jovial happiness.
So the first magic with roses is their color signification. When you know the colors and their meaning, then you can speak to your loved ones, friends, family without saying a word. Just give them a bunch of roses, and it’s like you spoke for hours.
Why should you use rose water?
Rosewater is one of those magical amazing ingredients that you must add to your daily skin care routine. Whether you are a man or a female, this does not matter. Your skin still needs the love and attention that rose water gives you.
It aids in softening your skin, hydrating it and does give it is a really natural, healthy glow. That’s what I call magic. It also provides you with a nice aromatic smell.
Let’s take a close look at the benefits of this plant to our skin and how to use it too.
Most of the shops do sell rosewater. So it should not be difficult for you to access it. In case you prefer to buy it on the web, just click on the below picture.
Here are 10 benefits of rose water for your skin:
Below are 10 benefits of rose water and I will explain further down some of these points.
- It has great fighting properties against acne, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Your skin needs a good pH balance and that’s exactly what rosewater does to it.
- Rose water helps cooling your skin.
- The water has nourishing and moisturizing properties. You can use it on your hair, it will enhance their quality.
- A fantastic mean to revitalize your skin against aging. It will definitely keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay. You’ll stay younger.
- It aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds quicker.
- I like the rosewater property to hydrate, revitalize and moisturize your skin. When you use it, it makes your skin smooth.
- It has anti-bacterial properties and can tone the skin too.
- Some of the antioxidant properties of this wonderful water strengthen your skin cells and as such regenerate your skin tissues.
- If you have some mild scalp inflammations then you can use rose water. It is also great to treat dandruff.
Rose water benefits for your eyes
There are two main benefits of rosewater to your eyes. These are:
- It will help in treating your dark circles and puffiness. It will also prevent these to come back.
- Use it to cleansing your eyes. In addition, it will cool them.
How to use rosewater for improving your skin?
There are a number of ways you can use rose water to finally improve your skin. Here are the most common methods. Use these and you’ll see a real improvement soon.
1. Rosewater as a facial toner
We all know it. The vast majority of toners available in the market will have chemicals and alcohol of some sort.
So if you use these directly on your skin, you’ll end up drying it. To avoid this dry skin syndrome, you better use rose water. This is definitely a better alternative which is natural and reduces dramatically the chemical.
Here is how to use it:
- Get a soft cotton ball.
- Apply some chilled rose water onto the cotton.
- Now apply on your skin slowly and nicely.
- Aim at doing this just after cleansing your face. I usually do this every morning and let it dry.
Using rose water is like using tonic on your face. It will act as a toner that will naturally tone up your facial skin. This means you will have a softer but firmer skin, and therefore close your open pores.
Your skin will love it, and you’ll have a pleasant floral fragrance as a bonus too.
2. Use rosewater as a lip stain
This is something I have been using for years and I advise you to do it as it is so simple. A real natural Do It Yourself home type trick.
- Get a beetroot
- Cut it into small pieces
- Put it to dry out in the sun. This may take some time.
- Now grind it. Make sure to make it to a fine powder.
- Mix a teaspoon of rose water with the beetroot powder.
- The hard work is done. Just apply the mixture evenly on your lips.
- Make sure to wash it off after 15 minutes.
The above mixture will make your lips go nicely soft and a little bit pinker. As beetroot is kinda purple, it will naturally color your lips pink. Who said you need cosmetics?
3. Use rose water as a cleanser
You can use rosewater as a cleanser. It will re-hydrate your skin while cleaning it from the dirt and dead skin. Here is what you should do:
- Get a small cup of rose water.
- Add to it two teaspoons of glycerin.
- Now add 10 drops of rose essential oil.
- Mix the lot.
- You can use the mixture as a cleanser.
- Chose a soft cotton ball or other to clean your face. Do not rub too much
- Do this 2 to 3 times a week maximum. Allow the skin to regenerate.
- Wash abundantly your skin after 30 mins of cleansing it.
4. Rose water must be used after-sun body spray
This is something that very few of us know. You can use rose water to treat skin rashes caused by sun exposure and sunburns. Here is what you should do:
- Get 10 to 15 tulsi leaves.
- Crush these into very small pieces.
- Pour 200 ml of rose water the crushed tulsi.
- Now store the liquid in a spray bottle
- Put the spray in the fridge to refrigerate.
If you have sunburn or other rushes, use the water liquid you made and spray on the affected areas. Note that you’ll get a real cold feeling when applying it. This is normal. But then, you’ll feel relieved and the liquid will definitely calm the skin.
5. Use rose water in your daily creams
You have no excuse for not using this DIY recipe.
Experts agree that rosewater has very beneficial moisturizing properties.
As such, just add a couple of drops of rose water into your daily cream and mix. Do this just before applying it to your skin. That’s all. Was this difficult?
6. Use rosewater to reduce and prevent acne
Rose water is really good to fight acne. You just need to know how. Well not anymore – here is the recipe for fighting your acne:
- Get one lemon.
- Press it and get the juice out of it.
- Add rose water in equal quantities.
- Now mix the lot.
- Wait for 10 mins.
- Apply the mixture on your face using a cotton ball.
- Wait for about half an hour.
- Wash it off with plentiful water.
- You should do this on a daily basis for about for 2-3 weeks. You need patience here as we are all different with different skins.
Scientists agree that the application of rose water prevents acne but will also relieve it. It is also really good at fighting blemishes and scars.
Here is another method to get rid of acne – let’s make a cucumber mask.
- Get a two-inches of fresh, cold cucumber.
- Cut it and blend it with two tbsp of raw honey.
- Now add a little bit of rose water – Make sure that you put the right dose to make a soft paste. Not too much as you’ll end up with a liquid.
- Now wash your face with warm water to open the pores – This is before applying the mask.
- Dry your face.
- Apply the rose water cucumber mask.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now rinse. Do this once a week.
How to make rose water?
Here is the video I promised. Very nice and simple. Enjoy.
In this post, I listed the 10 benefits that rose water has to offer. These are really magical as the application of rose water to your skin is so easy.
You can wash your skin, spray the water, make a paste with it, a mask, etc. The applications are endless.
What is really good about this is that you can find rosewater everywhere at a very affordable price.
Whether you want rid of acne, pimples, prevent wrinkles and fine lines as well as reduce the effect of sunburn etc., rose water will be therefore you.
Back to you
I hope you enjoyed the post. Please do not forget to take action and like the post. Share it with your friends and families and please leave a comment below.
I’ll see you in another article following this Omigy rose water post.