Vitamin C have something that we can find in the most of the products we consume on a daily basis and it’s in almost all fruits and vegetables!
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that plays a role in maintaining the health of the body’s connective tissue as well as acting as an antioxidant. Your body needs to ingest vitamin C on a daily basis in order to maintain necessary supplies.
But even though it’s almost in every food we can still become deficient in this essential vitamin due to our unhealthy lifestyle and an eating regimen lacking in the most essential nutrients. When our body starts lacking vitamin C it can lead to a number of issues which can have a detrimental effect on our overall health.
Vitamin C is vital for our immune system, our bone health and without it the body cannot absorb iron and some other important proteins properly.
Here are the 5 most common symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency:
- Feeling fatigued and tired all the time
- Mood swings with no apparent reason, accompanied with a feeling of anger and anxiety
- Weakened immune system which makes your body unable to fight viruses and bacteria, making you susceptible to infections and allergies
- Bleeding gums and teeth discoloration
- Sudden appearance of bruises without injury or trauma
Health problems related to a vitamin C deficiency can get much worse over time, and may lead to some serious health issues. That’s why you need to do something before it’s too late. Start eating raw fruits and veggies and eat organic food as often as you can. If you have to cook your veggies try steaming them instead of boiling them, you’ll preserve their beneficial properties.