Garlic is an undeniably popular food nowadays. If you walk into the grocery store, you will find an exorbitant amount of items with this flavor, be it bread, chips, poultry, meat, pretzels, and salad dressing.
This demand is not a new phenomenon. Garlic has been celebrated since ancient times. Ancient civilizations, who never contacted each other, understood the incredible value of this plant. Ancient Egypt used them to increase strength and productivity, circulatory ailments, and insect infestation.
The Talmud, a Jewish text from the second century, prescribed garlic for parasites and other disorders. Ancient Greek soldiers ate garlic to enhance their courage, and to protect the skin against poison.
Ancient Romans thought it to improve cardiovascular status, gastrointestinal disorders, and alleviation of joint disease. Japan and China used it for respiration and digestion. The pattern continues throughout ancient India, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and Early America.
They were correct.
Today, science has investigated this unassuming plant and found it to be a superstar for health and healing. It holds the following qualities:
- Blood pressure levels
- Heals bug bites
- Alleviates cold symptoms and hay fever
- Helps the treatment of fungal infections
- Travelers diarrheas
- Eliminate toxins
- Strengthen immunity
It can also effectively control the symptoms of:
- Enlarged prostate
When garlic is combined with ginger and onion, it has the power to detoxify the body after chemotherapy.
If reading about these amazing benefits is giving you garlic cravings, here is the proper way to eat it to improve your health.
GARLIC AND HONEY RECIPE
Garlic is optimal in its raw form since heat decentralizes allicin, its core active ingredient. Crush and chop the cloves, let it sit for about fifteen minutes, and add it to your food. Crushing the garlic improves the bioavailability, so if you don’t have a garlic press, its time to invest in one.
Consume this recipe on an empty stomach, because a satiated system won’t be able to absorb the vital nutrients. Take this regularly to strengthen your immunity and achieve your optimal health.
- 2-3 raw garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp honey
Combine and enjoy! It’s as simple as that. Take this every day for bolstered energy levels.
GARLIC FLU TONIC RECIPE
If you are fighting cold or flu and in need of an immunity boost, try this tonic. It’s bursting with health-promoting foods.
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- Raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 red chili peppers, chopped
Add the ingredients, one layer at a time, into a 350-500 ml Mason jar. Start with the garlic, chili peppers, and ginger, and end with the lemon juice and the apple cider vinegar. Seal the jar, ensuring there is at least one centimeter of space from the rim. Store the jar in the pantry and consume some of this mixture regularly until your flu symptoms are gone, or for prevention.
HOW TO MAKE THE GARLIC FLU TONIC
- half of a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 red chilly peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, roughly chopped
- juice of one lemon
- apple cider vinegar, organic
- Start with 350 ml to 500 ml jar and fill it with the onion.
- Add the garlic next.
- Add the chilly peppers with the seeds
- Carefully add the ginger.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in another bowl so the seeds won’t fall in the mixture and then add the juice to the jar.
- Top it all with the apple cider vinegar leaving a cm of room at the top of the jar.
- close the jar and leave it to sit.
- your tonic is finished and ready to use.