On the market who is overloaded with all sorts of bread varieties – vegan, gluten-free, wheat, no-wheat, rye, wholegrain bread, just to name a few. But, as you know well, commercial bread also packs a number of food enhancers and additives. If you want to go all-natural, the gluten-free recipe we recommend here is the perfect choice for you.
It’s not only homemade, meaning you have complete control over the ingredients used, but this recipe also makes a loaf that stays together when sliced thin or thick. Still, it’s risen just enough to have an airy quality. Some of the ingredients like olive oil, garlic, and rosemary give the bread an excellent savory flavor. Best of all, it’s super easy to make.
Dry Mix Ingredients:
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps. minced rosemary
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
Mix well in a bowl and set aside.
Wet Mix Ingredients:
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. flax
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps. agave
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Mix the water, yeast, coconut sugar, and flax then let it sit in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Mix with the dry mix above. Add the olive oil, agave, and apple cider vinegar in the end.
- Transfer the dough into a greased bread pan then cover it in plastic wrap and let it proof for half an hour. It will double in size.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
You can use this delicious bread in many ways. You can make wonderful crostini when the loaves are cut thin and toasted. You can also make delicious homemade sandwiches with it. Although it’s best fresh out of the oven, it also gets soft again after you reheat it in the oven for 10 minutes.
The gluten-free flours this recipe uses are easily available at almost any regular grocery store.