Here is your nice canned salmon arugula salad with some really nice capers and Parmesan.
Canned salmon arugula ingredients:
- 4 oz cooked sockeye canned wild salmon. Make sure the skin has been removed. You can use any type of salmon, but I prefer the wild one. Other salmon will do, but you’ll miss a little bit of the flavor.
- A little bit of salt and fresh pepper – Do not overkill it with these.
- 1 tsp capers. Drain them before use. These should be salty already, that’s why I would not use too much salt in the recipe.
- Some baby arugula – Based on your preference really. There is no real rule about this one. Use your own feeling for this one 😉
- 2 tsp of vinegar – Use fresh lemon if at all possible.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil – Aim for an organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp (.25 oz) shaved parmesan – Again, try to get a real piece of parmesan to impress your family and friends. Usually, a real piece of parmesan adds a lot of flavors to your meal. And you do not need much of it.
- 1 tomato (or more if you want)
How do you make the famous canned salmon arugula salad?
Here is a small trick for you. The reality is that you can make this recipe in two ways.
If, for one reason or another, you are cooking a whole salmon, then make sure to put leftover salmon aside. You can reuse it for your lunch menu the next day.
The other way is to make it with canned salmon. In this recipe, we will use canned raw salmon. Note that I really like the smoked one. It is just so tasty.
Let’s get back on track. Onto the recipe:
First, simply season the salmon with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Second, cook it for about 10 minutes.
You can either cook it on the grill, in a pan lightly sprayed with nice virgin cold pressed olive oil or even broiled.
Now, slice your tomato (small or large pieces, it is up to you).
Next, take a nice plate. Place the sliced tomato in it and on top the arugula salad. You should get something like this:
Again, sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper.
Finally, take your cooked canned salmon and put it on top of the salad.
Do not forget to add the capers. They are really good for your health (1).
The last touch is to drizzle some olive oil and vinegar.
Use fresh lemon if you have. It adds that little bit of extra that will surely make the difference. That’s what I do.
And do not forget, finish it off with some nicely shaved parmesan.
All of your friends and family will be so impressed that they would want to come back another day for more. Especially if you used smoked salmon for this dish.
Conclusion on canned salmon arugula salad:
Here you are. You only need about 10 minutes to make this dish.
So why not make a nice canned salmon arugula salad for lunch?
A nice meal does not need to be complicated.
Next time you have friends around, just make sure you take that canned smoked salmon, some arugula salad, and a nice tomato to make an unbelievable and unforgettable lunch.
Back to you
I hope you have found the recipe useful and tasty.
If you want to find more great recipes in addition to this one, just click here for amazing Omigy posts.
Please do not forget to take action and like the post. Share it with your friends and families and please leave a comment below.