I could go on with many canned salmon salad recipes for sandwiches, but I prefer to give you the best recipe I ever made to illustrate how easy and tasty is a salmon sandwich.
Note that I have already described a succulent canned salmon sandwich in the past. Click here to read about it.
The ingredients for your canned salmon sandwich
- Bread – Probably the second most important ingredient for this dish. So make sure you chose wisely. I have chosen a whole grain brown type bread. I like these. Take four slices as we will be making two sandwiches.
- Salmon – Obviously, the most important ingredient of the recipe is the fish. Take 1 can (about 6 ounces) of canned chunk salmon packed in water, drained and no skin.
- Mayonnaise – I usually only use 2 tablespoons, but my friends seem to like it with a lot more mayonnaise. It is up to you. Less mayonnaise = less fat, which means a healthier lifestyle. More mayonnaise means high potential for heart attack, blood pressure, etc. Again, you choose. I know what I would choose.
- Cucumber – I usually cut 12 to 20 slices of cucumber. That’s plenty. Make the slices thin.
- Sour cream – 2 tablespoons of sour cream. By the way, you can just remove this ingredient if you wish to do so and increase the level of mayonnaise. That’s what my mum does. What I do is to buy reduced-fat sour cream. Like this no issues with my healthy lifestyle.
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice (1)
- Lettuce – Get a couple lettuce leaves. The green, red or other types of lettuce is fine. I prefer the red leaf type as it adds some colors to my recipe.
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon is enough. Like I usually say, a little bit of salt should do. Just for the taste. No more.
- Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon of some nice and fresh ground black pepper (2)
- Fresh dill weed – 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed. If you do not have a fresh one, then you can always opt for 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, all crushed.
How to make the canned salmon sandwich recipe
There are only two steps to this recipe. Well if we count the presentation, then we may say three steps.
Step 1 – Preparation
Pour the sour cream, fresh lemon juice, some mayonnaise, and the dill in a medium to large bowl. Mix the lot.
Now, add the salmon and mix the lot again.
Add the black pepper and the salt. And yet again, mix the lot.
Step 2 – Making the salmon sandwiches
This is the step I prefer.
First, make sure that the lettuce has been washed and dried up.
Take 2 slices of bread.
Divide the salmon mixture into two equal bits.
Spread the mixture onto the bread slices.
Add the salad on top of the mixture.
Now, top the salad with the cucumber and finally add the remaining bread(3) slices on top of the lot.
And you’re done really.
Some of my friends add some slices of tomatoes. I believe this is too much and the marriage between tomatoes and salmon does not work that well.
By the way, do not forget to check the salmon for bones. You do not want to have to take someone to hospitals 😉
Step 3 – Presentation and serving
It is clear that we all eat with our eyes first. So the presentation is always very important.
Below I provide you some pictures of different visual ways of presenting and serving of this dish. You can see that some appeal more to your eyes than others.
You have many solutions such as using toast bread, crackers or standard bread on a plate. These go well with some side feta cheese in olive oil.
Conclusion on my canned salmon salad recipes for sandwiches:
There are tons of canned salmon salad recipes for sandwiches out there.
You can try to prepare all of them, taste them and then select one of them that is your preferred one.
You’ll invest a lot of time and effort in this, and you only have one chance to impress your friends and family.
So if you are looking for a tip-top salmon sandwich then you definitely need to prepare the one I described above.
I have provided you with my best of the best. And I can tell I have produced endless sandwiches in my life.
I’d say you just need to take action and produce your best ever salmon salad sandwich.
It should be easy to make now that I provided you the ingredients and the directions.
It is cheap to make and tasty. So, go ahead, impress your friends and family and enjoy the sensational taste with this recipe.
Back to you
Here I have decided to give you the best of the best of sandwiches I have ever made.
It is not every day that one would share this. So take advantage and prepare the recipe, share it and enjoy it too.
This recipe will give you everything you always wanted, the flavors, the taste, the easiness in preparation, and the compliments will keep coming.
Try it for yourselves and you’ll be making more of these sandwiches as time goes by.
If you want to find more great recipes in addition to this one, just click here for amazing Omigy posts.
Please do not forget to take action and like the post. Share it with your friends and families and please leave a comment below.