Having written quite a number of articles on Canned Salmon, someone contacted me to see if I could provide a paleo recipe using canned salmon. So I opted for paleo salmon cakes almond flour.
I think if you are here, then you know about the paleo diet. If not, then come back to Omigy in the next couple of days and I shall tell you all about this diet.
The ingredients for your paleo salmon cakes almond flour
- Salmon – 1 6-oz can of boneless and skinless salmon drained. You can buy on the bone salmon but it may take you some time to remove them. You can always crush the bones, but I do not like it so much. My sister does though.
- Flour – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon almond flour. You can always use coconut flour too.
- Onions – 1/2 onion peeled and diced. The one I like is the white to yellowish type onion. It works best for this recipe.
- Ginger – 1 tsp ground ginger. It goes unnoticed by children and is a highly healthy ingredient. (1)
- Eggs – 2 large eggs or 4 medium size ones. Buy organic eggs if you can.
- Oil – 3 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil. You can use 4 tbsp butter or ghee instead for frying. (2)
- Dill – 1 Tablespoon of dried dill should do. You can add a little more, but one tablespoon is much more than enough for our canned salmon cakes.
Celery – 1 rib of celery nicely diced (3)
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon lemon pepper or black pepper
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt. It is best to buy sea salt. I know it may sound expensive, but you only buy salt once every 6 months, so better get the higher end one.
How to make the canned paleo salmon cakes flour recipe
There are seven steps to this recipe. This may sound a lot, but in reality, each step is as easy as the previous one.
And the last step is the fun part, that is eating.
Step 1 – Prepare the salmon
First, take a glass bowl and break the canned salmon. Use a fork to do this. It is easier. You can always use your hands too. Now, add the celery, the spices, and the nicely diced onion.
Step 2 – Use the almond flour
Add to the above mixture the almond flour (you can always use the coconut flour instead). Combine the lot thoroughly.
Step 3 – Get the egg
Go ahead and add in the fresh organic eggs. Mix for one minute. Below illustrates a bowl with all of the ingredients to prepare the paleo canned salmon recipe.
Step 4 – Heat up your pan
Now set your burner to medium-high. Pour your coconut oil (or butter or ghee) to a large fry pan (you can use a large skillet too).
Step 5 – Make the cakes
Prepare your salmon cakes into 4 to 6 patties. To do so, take some of the prepared mixture in your hand. Now, compress it to make a small cake. Done.
Step 6 – Fry the cakes
Here is the part that you need to be careful. You are dealing with hot coconut oil, so make sure children are away from the pan.
Now, that you are fully concentrated and the children are away from the frying pan, put the salmon cakes into your pan.
Cook until both sides of the cakes are golden brown.
I usually leave the cakes for about 4 to 8 minutes on each side (maximum). I almost forgot, please do not flip the cakes until they are golden brown.
If you do so prior to being gold, they will simply fall apart. You’ll be the only one to blame for this. I know this as I have done it.
Step 7 – Presentation
Put the salmon cakes on a plate with some salads (if the children like salad) and that’s it really. Just enjoy seeing the family eat your paleo salmon cakes almond flour.
Conclusion on my paleo salmon cakes almond flour recipe:
This is my first paleo recipe that uses salmon as the main ingredient. It is, however, not the last.
There are so many possibilities for this recipe to be modified that I invite you to use your creativity once again.
The paleo salmon cakes almond flour is definitely easy to make and I have provided you with a step by step direction.
So there is no excuse now. The cakes are healthy and fun to prepare. And best of all, they are tasty. Enjoy cooking them!
Back to you
This recipe will give you the pleasure of a fish cake using the paleo diet.
And the best thing is that you’ll get the flavors, the taste, the easiness in preparation, and the compliments from your children.
What else do you want from a simple dish?
I invite you to prepare this cheap and cheerful dish sooner rather than later. You’ll never look back.
If you want to find more great recipes in addition to this one, just click here for amazing Omigy posts.
Please do not forget to take action and like the post. Share it with your friends and families and please leave a comment below.