The nails are an important part of our bodies as they show a lot of symptoms of different diseases, including cancer.
Talking about nails, do you know what does the name Lunula mean? The crescent-shaped white area at the end of a fingernail is a highly sensitive area that mustn’t get damaged.
- The sensitive part which mustn’t get damaged, as previously mentioned.
- The half-moon part is named the Lunula which means small moon in Latin.
- It is white because it is the fifth basal layer of the epidermis and it ‘hides’ the blood vessels underneath.
- Not everyone’s Lunula is visible. Sometimes, the thickened layer of the skin around the fingernails and toenails may completely or partially cover the Lunula.
- When damaged, there can be permanent damages to the entire nail.
- According to traditional Chinese medicine, the lack of Lunula may be a sign of anemia and malnutrition, whereas a pale or bluish Lunula could be a potential sign of diabetes. When a Lunula has red smudges, the person may be suffering from heart diseases.
- A small Lunula could be a symptom of indigestion which occurs as a result of slow metabolism and too many toxins in the body.
- Having 8 to 10 lunula with ivory color on both hands means that everything is alright with your health. Hence, the whiter the Lunula, the stronger the person.
- A normal fingernail is ruddy, tough, restrained, smooth, and glossy with a clearly visible Lunula. This means that the person is energetic and healthy.
- The less Lunulae a person has, the lower the energy and overall health. If you have Lunulae on the thumbs only, you lack physical energy and you may get sick.
Healthy Life Tricks