If you love lettuce this article will be very useful because it will teach you how to grow your very own lettuce salad out of scratch and never pay for another salad again. Plus, you can grow it organically, without any pesticides or chemicals and boost its health benefits. But let’s see what those benefits are!
We know that lettuce is delicious and goes well in every combination and with every meal. But did you know it’s also very health beneficial?
- It abounds in vitamins A and K. Vitamin K is essential for optimal blood and bone health while vitamin A plays a role in immune function, vision, reproduction, and cellular communication.
- It’s rich in essential anti-inflammatory compounds and can even improve your cholesterol levels and resolve insomnia problems.
Growing this amazing herb in your very own home will be fun and healthy, is there a better combination? And it’s quite simple too!
Growing Lettuce At Home
Even if you don’t know gardening, this will be super easy. All you need is a stump and a bit of water.
- Buy one organic fresh lettuce and chop up the leaves you’ll use for your salad. Leave a 1-2inch stem at the base of the head. Enjoy your salad first and then get to work!
- Fill a jar with an inch of water and place the stem vertically. The base of the head should be in the water with the leaves pointing towards the ceiling.
- Leave it in a sunny spot for 10-12 days. Add more water if necessary as the days pass by.
- After 10-12 days you can harvest the freshly grown leaves and make your own delicious salad.
Via : http://www.healthyfoodteam.com/