Turmeric includes anti-aging, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s used very often in the Indian dishes because of its flavor as well as a golden color. Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine use it to heal many health problems, from pain control to fighting cancer.
Health benefits of turmeric
- IT CAN PREVENT CANCER – fighting with free radicals keeping healthy cells- block the enzymes that promote cancer cell growth.
- PREVENTS ALZHEIMER DISEASE – boosts the overall brain health preventing deceleration of Alzheimer’s, by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain.
- CONTROLS DIABETES – improves the levels of blood sugar and lowering insulin resistance and prevent diabetes type II. Furthermore, combined with strong medicines, it triggers a low blood sugar level.
- NATURAL PAINKILLER AND PREVENTS ARTHRITIS – this spice has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and helps with stiff joints and arthritis- and is a natural remedy for arthritis as well as reducing inflammation in your body.
- HEAL WOUNDS – turmeric paste can heal minor cuts, burns or bruises, due to anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Repairs your skin and is used in treating psoriasis or other inflammations on the skin.
- BOOSTS DIGESTION – stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas. It can be helpful in treating bowel inflammation. But be aware that if one suffers from gallbladder disease, should not take turmeric as a dietary supplement. Turmeric can make the condition even worse.
- LIVER DETOX–natural liver cleanser also improves blood circulation.
- MAKES SKIN HEALTHIER– prevents skin pigmentation and tones the skin Regularly used to make your skin glowing. Pinch of turmeric powder, mixed as a paste with half a teaspoon of lemon juice, then pinch of gram flour and a teaspoon of tomato juice. Apply on the dark circles around eyes leave it 10 minutes and you’ll see them vanish.
- HEALTHY HEARTH – reduces the bad cholesterol and prevents blood clots and plaque which is build-up in the arteries.
- IMPROVES MOOD – it is used to treat depression and offers a better night’s rest.
”Golden milk” -one ancient yogic remedy, traditionally used to cure diarrhea, fever, bronchitis, colds, viral infections, , bladder and kidney infections, headaches, easing joint and muscle pain due to inflammation or arthritis, parasitic worms, leprosy.
GOLDEN MILK recipe:
- 1 cup of milk, ½ a teaspoon of ground turmeric, ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon of raw honey, 1/2 a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil, 1 crushed green cardamom pod, 1 small cinnamon stick
Oil and pepper helps the body to absorb the curcumin easily.
After warming milk add the cardamom and cinnamon and then, add the turmeric, pepper, honey and coconut oil and stir constantly. Now heat the mixture until it starts steaming – not boiling. Strain the cinnamon and cardamom. Now, the mixture is ready. Remember that not all ingredients are soluble, so stir occasionally while drinking.