Lemon juice helps you to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and to boost metabolism while the ginger root is an excellent anti-inflammatory that’s also anti-aging and can also help in weight loss. Turmeric is a wonderful spice that can suppress growth of the fat tissue and also as to prevent DNA damage and slow down the aging process.
My Morning Ginger, Lemon + Turmeric Shot
- 3 lemons (2 peeled, 1 with peel intact)
- 2-inch chunk of ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 glass water
1. Juice the ingredients, mix well, and pour into an ice cube tray to freeze.
2. Once the cubes are frozen, store them in an airtight container that is suitable for freezing.
3. Every morning as needed, remove a cube and add hot water. Stir for 30 seconds, and it is ready to drink. (Alternatively, sometimes I will remove an ice cube the evening before and place it in my bathroom. That way, I have my shot just before my shower and 20 minutes before breakfast.)